A lot of you cannot run regularly, because of the fact that you find it hard, dreadful, or even dull. There are some others that cannot get a break from injuries such as joint pain, bad knees, sore feet, and other kinds of painful injuries. If you can find yourself in some of these groups then keep reading this article because we have some great news for you,with this 10 minutes exercise you are going to be able to burn more fat and calories than running and its not that time consuming it only take 10 minutes of your time! Everything that you are going to need in order to practice this exercise is a jump rope!
You are going to enjoy various benefits by doing this exercise. Here are some of them:
- A whole body exercise:
This exercise is not going to help you tone only your leg muscles, instead it is also going to work on your arms, back, shoulders, abs, and legs.
- It Burns Calories:
Scientific research has proven that only ten minutes of jumping a rope is as good as 30 minutes of jogging when we are talking about cardiovascular improvement and burning calories.
- It Improves Coordination:
People who have tried this exercise as kids know that it is not an easy exercise, and that is why by jumping rope you are going to improve your balance, coordination, and reflexes as well.
- It’s Versatile:
We recommend this exercise because of its simplicity and because of the fact that it can be done literally anywhere you would want to try it out, in your home, in the gym, on the beach, in the garden literally everywhere!
- You are going to need a special rope designed for your height, from a special material and handles. Don’t worry you can find these kinds of ropes in the sport equipment shops.
- You can try jumping barefoot or you can get yourself shoes without any padding.
- You are going to need to keep your head and the whole body straight, look forward, bend your knees a bit, and keep your elbows in the proximity of your body.
- Do not spin the rope with your arms, try instead to spin it with your wrists.
- Do not grip the jumping rope handles with your palms, try to grip it with your fingers instead.
- During the exercise try not to touch the ground with your heels, use the fingers of your feet to jump and land on. Do not try to jump high, you can jump just enough in order to skip the rope.
- Once you have mastered this technique you can try and experiment with a crossover, single leg hop and double turn.
Watch the video below in order to better understand the ten minute fat burning rope skipping exercise!
Sources and References: www.healthy-food-house.com