Are you disgusted by the thought of a messy kitchen? Well you are not the only one. 30 women have underwent a study confirming that people who think of their kitchen as a cluttered and stressful place can go through more depressing moods and higher overall stress levels than the ones who have a tidy kitchen. So maybe from now on you are going to prioritize the cleaning of your kitchen more than ever before!
Click on the image and LOSE up to 16 pounds (8 kilos) of BODY FAT in just 14 DAYS!
So if by any chance you have been delaying the cleaning of your kitchen, or you would simply want to reorganize and free up some space in your kitchen here are a couple of great DIY life hacks that are going to help you with that!
Reduce clutter by parting with rarely used tools
You sure have some tools and appliances in your kitchen that you haven’t used for anything for a long time, you can try and packing them in a box. If you don’t think that you are going to need them in the following 4 to 8 months it is safe to say that they are good for a donation or you can take them for recycling!
Consider the 20/20 rule when you’re overwhelmed by your hoard: If you can buy your rarely used item again for $20 or less, and get it within 20 minutes of where you live, you can probably do without them – or buy them again in a pinch.
Reuse your bread tags to sort electric cords
If you keep the plastic bread tags, you can always try and tag them to the cords of your home and kitchen appliances, also label them! By doing this you are never ever going to check the cord to the appliance you need to plug the next time you are going to need to plug your toaster or your mixer!
Stuff your knives into a container of wooden skewers
You can create an easy to make and cheap do it yourself knife holder by collecting all of the leftover wooden skewers and putting them into a container. All you need to do is put your knifes into a pile and that is it!
Make a drying stand with a binder clip
Get a binder clip and lay it onto the most stable edge, clip a wet sponge on to the binder clip and leave it so that it is straight up. By doing this you are never going to have to leave your wet sponge for dishes on the side, risking a moldy sponge the next time you wash your dishes!
Bring in shoe boxes and curtain rods to organize your drawers and pantry
Put recyclables and leftover household items to good use! Place used shoe boxes or office supply dividers in drawers or divide up your pantry with curtain rods to compartmentalize your kitchen goodies.
Create floating storage with magnets
In order to save up some space you can attach some magnets on the containers, shelves and spice racks in order to use the door or the side of your refrigerator or any given metal wall as an easy to access storage space.
Sources and References:
1) Saxbe, D. and Repetti, R. (2009). No Place Like Home: Home Tours Correlate With Daily Patterns of Mood and Cortisol. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 36(1), pp.71-81.
2) Marr, K. (2017). How to Make Homemade All-Purpose Surface Cleaner – Live Simply. [online] Live Simply. Available at: http://livesimply.me/2015/11/02/how-to-make-homemade-all-purpose-surface-cleaner/ [Accessed 6 Oct. 2017].
3) Plastic Pollution Coalition. (2017). Why is plastic harmful?. [online] Available at: https://plasticpollutioncoalition.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/222813127-Why-is-plastic-harmful- [Accessed 6 Oct. 2017].
4) Thomann, L. (2017). 10 Home Organization Hacks to DIY. [online] The Spruce. Available at: https://www.thespruce.com/organization-hacks-for-your-home-4139847 [Accessed 6 Oct. 2017].
5) Garden, H. (2017). 15 Green Kitchen “Hacks” to keep Organized. [online] DIYs.com. Available at: https://www.diys.com/15-green-kitchen-hacks-reduce-familys-environmental-impact/ [Accessed 6 Oct. 2017].
6) Real Simple. (2017). 10 Cheap Organizing Hacks for a Clutter-Free Home. [online] Available at: https://www.realsimple.com/home-organizing/organizing/cheap-organizing-ideas#picture-frame-dry-erase-board [Accessed 6 Oct. 2017].
7) Jillee. (2017). How To Clean Your Dishwasher In 3 Easy Steps – One Good Thing by Jillee. [online] One Good Thing by Jillee. Available at: https://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/how-to-clean-your-dishwasher-in-3-easy-steps [Accessed 6 Oct. 2017].
Image and Video Sources:
1) YouTube. (2017). Bamboo Skewer Knife Holder. [online] Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV4AsMFtjl0 [Accessed 6 Oct. 2017].
2) YouTube. (2017). How To Make A Plastic Bag Dispenser – DIY Home Tutorial – Guidecentral. [online] Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_cLIgnDr3M [Accessed 6 Oct. 2017].
3) YouTube. (2017). 20 Amazing Binder Clips Uses, Life Hacks & Tricks. [online] Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYTo3XbBGuk [Accessed 6 Oct. 2017].