Body weight and appearance is one of the most problematic things for a lot of people. And there are countless numbers of fast and simple diets, but a very small portion of them are truly effective and really give you good results that are going to last. The best thing is to lose some weight without even thinking to do that! The good news is that this is possible, and the only thing that you are going to need to do is to take more steps on a daily basis.
Here is how many steps you are going to need to take if you would like to start losing some weight.
How many calories you are going to burn depends on two things, the weight of your body, and the walking area. Scientists say that we burn 400 calories per hour if we are walking in an average pace with the speed of 4 mph. So, if you would like to lose 100 calories you are going to need to walk at least 2 000 steps or a mile of walking distance. So you need to take 3 500 calories in order to lose a pound.
If you would like to lose weight in the healthy way you are going to need to lose a pound each week. So you are going to need to burn 500 calories daily, which is transferred into 5 miles. So it looks easy don’t it? Here are some more tips if you need them:
- Walk to your workplace and home
- walk your children to school
- Use the stairs instead of the elevator
- Walk to the station, and do not use a bus or a taxi
- Always park the car a bit further than your destination, and walk to get there
- During the first week, walk for 15 to 20 minutes to adjust to your new routine, and then gradually increase the time to an hour a day
Therefore, make the needed steps, and you will love your new body!
Sources and References: www.healthy-food-house.com