The frankincense essential oil has been used in aromatherapy for centuries, it is good against anxiety, for relaxation and in calming your mind and body. In some cultures, the religious people inhale it trying to increase their sense of self awareness which allows them to meditate, and go fall into trance. But, to this powerful oil is oftentimes too expensive to buy and the commercial varieties of it are made in the laboratory with chemicals and synthetics. By making this oil yourself you are going to be sure that the oil is made in the healthiest and most careful way it can be made for your needs.
You are going to need the following:
- Large wide-neck jar with secure lid
- 300 milliliters safflower oil
- Mortar and pestle
- 24 tablespoons of frankincense resin. Less is optional, 8 tablespoons at the least.
- 8-by-8-inch square of muslin
- Glass bowl
- Dark glass bottle with stopper
Put the safflower oil in a jar, and leave some room for the resin. Put 8 tbsp of frankincense in the mortar and pestle. Crack the resin lightly by using even pressure.
Place the cracked resin in the oil and stir the mixture. Tightly screw the cap of the jar and put the jar on a window where it is struck by sunlight. Leave the jar like that for 2 days, but, shake the jar every 12 hours.
Strain the oil out of the jar by placing the muslin over the mouth of the glass jar. For getting the best concentration of scent, wring the solids into the oil. Add more cracked resin and allow the mixture to sit 2 more days until you get scent which you think is potent enough.
When you’re finished pour in the oil in the dark glass bottle. Put a label on it and leave it in a cold and dry place for a year.
- If you do not have access to a sunny windowsill, follow these steps daily: Place the jar of oil into a pot of cold water. Slowly increase the temperature until it is hot, but not so hot you cannot place your hand into the water without it being painful. Let the jar stay in the bath for 10 minutes then remove it.
Thanks for spending the time to read this article don’t forget to share it with the ones that it would help. If you would like to read something more about the benefits and uses of the frankincense essential oil click this link!