Have you ever heard about Canola seeds?
I think you have heard about coconut and olive trees, but i am positive that you haven’t heard of Canola.
Well, that is probably because it does not exist. The canola oil is not a naturally produced oil. In fact it is a commercial name of a genetically modified Rapeseed that has been found to be very toxic.
So, the real question lays in why all of the natural food stores even including the famous ones such as Whole Food’s keep on using the Canola oil in their meals, dressings, salads, baked goods, etc?
This oil was developed by the Canadian Dr. Baldur Steffanson. The raw ingredient is genetically altered rapeseed that leads to the point that this Canola organic oil does not exist at all.
Health risks of consuming foods that contain Canola oil:
- Canola has a high content of sulfur and it goes rancid easily. This can cause allergies and other problems at people who have from bronchial or asthmatic issues.
- Canola depletes vitamin E.
- Many studies showed that canola causes an increase in lung cancers.
- Canola can increase the rigidity of membranes, which can contribute to degenerative diseases.
- It shortens lifespan of animals and lowers platelet count.
- The regular consumption of canola can raise your triglycerides over 40%.
- Canola oil molds quickly and can inhibit the function of enzymes.
- It is related to increased risk of various diseases
So, if you decide on going to the Whole foods, or Food court, just think about this post and remember that they do not always have the healthiest options on their shelves.
Be sure that you try and go for the most natural foods that you can find. Be sure that you opt or the best food providers in the business and the ones that only use natural ingredients in their products. The thing that you must keep in mind is that there is not any Canola oil that is free of GMO!
Sources and References: www.healthandhealthyliving.com