Essential Oils are known for their Healing and Therapeutic benefits as an element of aromatherapy. These oils are extracted from the leaves,stems or from the roots of the plants which are known to have health benefits. In this article we are going to find out more about the Frankincense Essential Oil.
What is Frankincense Essential Oil?
Frankincense, or also known as Oibanum, is an essential oil which is regularly used in aromatherapy. This oil is capable of benefiting your health in numerous ways, here are some of them: relieve chronic stress, anti-inflammatory properties, relieve anxiety, boosts your immunity and it may also help you in fighting against cancer.
The History of Frankincense Essential Oil
The Frankincense Essential Oil or also known as (lat.”Boswellia Serrata”) has been compared with gold many times throughout the history and even in the Bible when the wise men were giving gifts to Jesus it is written that they gave him Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh. Since then this Essential Oil is said to help with reducing the inflammation, fighting against cancer and it even benefits your skin by getting rid of acne, age spots, sunspots, cellulite, etc.
Benefits of Using It:
- It may help you fight against cancer
- It is great for your skin (acne, age spots, sunspots, cellulite, etc.)
- Frankincense essential oil has great anti-inflammatory properties
- This essential oil will help you reduce stress reaction and negative emotions
- It will also help you boost your immune system and fight off any illness
- It is going to help your skin recover from any injuries faster and without any scars
- Balances hormone levels
- Helps you sleep better
- Eases digestion
How to Use It:
- It can be used Topically (by spreading it on your skin) but it has to be mixed with a carrier oil such as Shea butter, Jojoba oil, or Coconut oil.
- It can also be used internally (by consuming it) by rubbing a few drops of it on the top of your mouth
- And you may spread it around during meditation to help you with concentration