Last summer in America, regional transmission announced that the Zika Virus was arrived in Miami & Brownsville.
The virus generate birth defects in babies who are born with some infected pregnant women, involving microcephaly, where babies are born with under-developed heads & damage on the brain. Zika Virus also been associate to Guillain Barre syndrome, a disorder which the immune system attacks the nerves. It’s mostly disperse through the mosquitoes, while a few instances of sexual transmission have been proclaimed.
What is Zika Virus?
The virus was recognized in Uganda in 1947, is relayed by Aedes mosquitoes, the same sort of mosquito that bring dengue fever, chikungunya virus & yellow fever. In 2007, the virus extend to the South Pacific.
The CDC has verified that Zika Virus might extend via sex, generally after a human who traveled in an area where Zika exist and transmit the virus to a parther who didn’t traveled in that area. People who are infected, might pass the virus, even if they did not have the signs of infection. Also, the virus may pass in pregnant women’s fetus.
Some researches published that the virus may be located in semen, blood, urine & saliva of infected folks, likewise in the fluids in the eye.
“A person in Utah, got the virus without traveling or having sex. The person was a relative & caregiver of an aged Zika patient who died in late June was the first who was associated with Zika Virus in America. The person had traveled to an place where Zika was present & laboratory tests displayed very high amounts of the virus in his blood, more than 100,000 instances bigger than that seen in other times of infected folks.- according to the CDC. Additionally, the man has a medical disorder who wasn’t disclosed.”
How Does the Zika Virus Disperse?
Mosquito Bites – most frequently type of transmission. The bite of an infected Aedes mosquito. These are the identical mosquitoes that disperse dengue & chikungunya viruses
From Mother to Kid – Pregnant woman can spread the Zika Virus during the pregnancy through the her fetus.
Sexual Contact – As we mentioned above, the person may spread the Zika Virus to his partner via semen. Also, in 2016 New England Journal of Medicine research found that Zika may be disperse via anal sex, as well.
Via Blood Transfusion – Lot of reports of blood transfusion are being explored in Brazil. Throughout the French Polynesian outbreak in the begining of 2013, 2.8% of blood donors was positive on the test for the Zika Virus.
Avoid To Travel In These Countries
Visit the CDC‘s Zika travel health notice.
Signs of Zika Virus
- Conjunctivitis (Red Eyes)
- Joints Ache
Notes Who Are Crucial To Protect Kids:
- Don’t use repellent insect on babies younger than two months.
- Don’t use products who contains oil of lemon eucalyptus or para menthanediol on kids younger than three years.
- Dress your kid in clothes that covers arms & legs
- Don’t put the insect repellent on kid’s hands, eyes, mouth and cut or irritated skin.
- Cover the crib
- Adults: Spray the insect repellent on your hands & then put to a kid’s face.
Best Prevention From Mosquito Bites:
- Wear long sleeved shirts & long pants;
- See the details on the product to discover how long the protection will last.
- Don’t use permethrin products straight on the skin, they are purpose to treat clothing
- Stay in areas with air-conditioning or use the window & door screens to hold of the mosquitoes.
- Use the EPA-registered insect repellents
- Don’t spray the repellent on the skin beneath clothing
- Use a repellent with one of this active components: picaridin, IR3535, DEET & oil lemon eucalyptus or para-menthandiol.
Featured Image: www.panorama.com.ve